Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blam Mage

I've been leveling Black Mage lately. I started last week, way down at level 10, and I wore out my Empress Band soloing up to 13 pretty easily in East Sarutabaruta, then I decided it was time to go Back To The Dunes.

*Foreboding Doom*

I got a few spells at the shops in Windurst, grabbed a Slime Oil to get warp, then flew over to Bastok.

Oddly, the Warp scrolls in Windy AH were going for about 100k. Slime Oils were 2k. Who in their right mind would spend 100k on such an easy questable item??? Well, whatever. I was all equipped and ready to get me some levels.

The first party I got into was a pretty typical dunes setup, i.e. we had a powerleveller helping out so noone was doing anything very well, but it didn't seem to matter. I tried to take part as best I could, but it was a bit hard to get a good rythm going when there was an IT++ mob in the camp at all times.

The xp was ok, but it wasn't much fun as far as party dynamics can go.

I ended up getting to level 15 by the time I logged off.

Then yesterday I got into the other type of dunes party. No powerleveller this time, just BLM/WHM(me), WHM/BLM, SAM/WAR, MNK/WAR, THF/something, and WHM (no sub, party leader). We did pretty well, and the WHM/BLM had an alt to switch to for raises, which we used a few times. I got to 17, and even got to use Warp. (yippee)

The only down side was the subless WHM, the party leader had a line of text in every damn spell macro they made. Cure had a line, Cure 2 had a different line, even better since it had a reference that was some sort of indecipherable in joke. Dia, Poisona, you name it, this WHM had something to say every second or two.

I did okay, though. I ignored it as best as I could, and really the only mess-up I had the whole time was targeting a crab instead of the fly everyone else was fighting. Nobody died on that one though, so I don't feel too bad about it. * more levels and I'm going back to RDM to get to 50!

No comments: